To avoid delays in receiving your VA education benefits, please follow the steps listed below and submit all required documents.
STEP 1: Apply and complete the following:
- Nevada State College admissions application: http://nsc.edu/
- VA education benefits through VONAPP (Veterans Online Application): www.gibill.va.gov.
For assistance, call the VA Education Benefits Department at 1-888-442-4551.
- Financial Aid (if applicable): www.fafsa.gov.
STEP 2: Submit a copy of DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE).
- To request a copy of your DD-214: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/about-service-records.html
STEP 3: Take Math and English Placement Tests, if applicable.
- Complete this step if you have not taken any Math and/or English class for college credits.
- For dates and times of placement testing: http://nsc.edu/5018.asp
Note: SAT and ACT scores may be submitted in lieu of placement testing.
STEP 4: Request and submit ALL sealed (un-opened) official transcripts from college/universities attended and military transcripts to:
- Nevada State College, Office of Admissions and Records, 1125 Nevada State Drive, Henderson, NV 89002
- For Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy transcripts, request online through Joint Services Transcripts: https://jst.doded.mil
- For Air Force transcripts, request online through Community College of the Air Force: www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf
You will need to be admitted to Nevada State College to continue the following steps:
STEP 5: Schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Advisor to plan your courses and class schedules.
- Only courses (including prerequisites) that satisfy requirements for a program of study will be reported to the VA.
STEP 6: Register for classes online through: http://nsc.edu/
- Please be advised that you can register at any point after your admission application to Nevada State College (and have completed Orientation, if you are a freshman) has been processed. However, as indicated on Step 5, only courses (including prerequisites) that satisfy requirements for a program of study will be reported to the VA.
STEP 7: Complete and submit VA Semester Enrollment Certification Request form .
Note: This form need to be submitted every semester.
Summary of Requirements/Documents:
- Copy of VONAPP or Certificate of Eligibility
- Copy of DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
- Math/English Placement Scores (if applicable)
- Military Transcripts
- Official college/universities transcripts (if applicable)
- VA Enrollment Certification Request form (to be submitted every semester)
Contact Person: Fran Wilson
Address: 1125 Nevada State Drive, Henderson, NV 89002
Phone: (702) 992-2199
Fax: (702) 992-2151
Office Hours: Monday Friday (8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.)
(Closed on all major holidays: 4th of July, Labor Day, Nevada Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial Day)