Frequently Asked Questions

How do I activate VA benefits?

To activate VA benefits, you must submit the following forms:

  • Chapter appropriate activation form
  • DD-214 Copy 4 or Statement of Eligibility and/or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) DD-2384-1 (for active Reserves and National Guard only)
  • Enrollment Certification form

Do I need to submit an Enrollment Certification form every semester?


When can I submit my Enrollment Certification form for a semester?

As soon as your schedule is finalized. Do not submit the form if you plan on making additional changes to your schedule. VA benefits will not be processed until this form has been received.

Where do I request my military transcripts?

What is the procedure for break pay?

Break pay is automatically distributed when a subsequent semester has been certified with the following rules:

  • The break is more than 8 weeks or 56 days
  • The term before or after the break is shorter than the break
  • Training time the last day of the preceding semester is less than half time
  • The student withdrew from all courses during the previous semester
  • The student's entitlement will exhaust and not paying the break is to the student's advantage (chapter 30 only)
  • The student requests no pay for a break before payment for the break is authorized
  • The student is on active duty